CrossCheck also partners with other experts and litigation support firms to provide evaluation of loan modifications, re-underwriting of mortgage loan files, evaluations of commercial lending transactions, and other file reviews and analyses.
CrossCheck experts have provided expert testimony, both at deposition and trial, in many large financial services cases in recent years. Our professionals who serve as experts spend the bulk of their time serving CrossCheck’s financial services clients in one or more of our service areas, and only serve as experts when the knowledge and experience developed on a day-to-day basis is particularly applicable to the matter being litigated. Our experts possess extensive financial services experience having worked in financial institutions for the majority of their careers.
Expert Support Services
While CrossCheck professionals have deep subject matter expertise across the spectrum of financial services, we are often called upon to apply the experience we have gained to support other experts where significant loan file or other document review is required. We have significant experience in mortgage re-underwriting, identifying applicable underwriting guidelines, evaluating repurchases, identifying fraud, and other types of file reviews.
Our file review work in support of expert testimony has covered up to tens of thousands of loan files. We know how to efficiently staff and manage large document review projects.
- RMBS Investor Litigation – served as re-underwriting expert on multiple cases, including one of the few RMBS cases to go to trial.
- Mortgage-Backed Securities Settlement Evaluation – performed large-scale file review to support a fairness opinion on multi-billion dollar settlement.
- Predatory Lending Litigation – performed underwriting analysis to determine the borrower’s ability to repay and appropriateness of mortgage product to refute plaintiff’s expert allegations.
- GSE Repurchase Reviews – rebutted thousands of repurchase requests.
- Second Lien Portfolio Repurchase Review – analyzed servicing quality on behalf on investor on a servicing retained portfolio resulting in client’s ability to reassign servicing.
- Mortgage Insurance Rescission Reviews – reviewed thousands of mortgage insurance claims for validity and applicability of insurance coverage.
- HAMP Class Action – analyzed borrower claims related to HAMP modification resulting in denial of class certification.
- HAMP Expert Testimony – reviewed HAMP modification processing to refute borrower claims.
- Mortgage Servicing Remediation – reviewed mortgage servicing records for several thousands files in response to a CFPB Memorandum of Understanding.
- Foreclosure Management Look-Backs– reviewed foreclosures for compliance with law and regulation.
- False Claims Act Lawsuit – rebutted plaintiff’s claims of HAMP errors in False Claims Act case resulting in favorable settlement for client.